ARISA is officially a partnership under the Digital Large-Scale Partnership of the Pact for Skills
The Pact for Skills is one of the flagship actions of the European Skills Agenda. It aims to support public and private organisations with upskilling and reskilling, so they can thrive through the green and digital transitions. The priority of the Pact for Skills is to strengthen collective action on skills development by all stakeholders through skills partnerships.
In November 2023, the European Artificial Intelligence Skills Alliance (ARISA) has officially become a partnership under the Digital Large-Scale Partnership of the Pact for Skills. The Alliance aims to provide Artificial Intelligence (AI) knowledge and skills to help people understand and use AI technology in business and policy contexts, considering privacy, bias, and trust. It focuses on current and emerging professional roles across four occupational domains — business leaders, technology leaders, technology practitioners, and policymakers.
The ARISA Alliance made the following commitments to achieve its mission:
- Monitor the availability and demand for AI skills in Europe while anticipating future skill requirements by undertaking a comprehensive analysis of the European AI skills market, feeding into the EU Strategy for AI Skills.
- Develop and updating learning materials, online and transnational training activities on Artificial Intelligence, including a feasibility study for a European AI mobility scheme.
- Foster a diverse learning environment and encouraging equal participation in AI education through information campaigns and inclusive curriculum design to create more opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds.
- Establish and growing a community of stakeholders to advance AI skills development across Europe.
Members of the Pact have access to knowledge on upskilling and reskilling needs, advice on relevant funding instruments to boost the skills of adults in their regions and countries, and partnership opportunities within our growing community. All members of the Pact can benefit from three dedicated services:
- Guidance Hub, in particular the skills partnership handbook.
- Knowledge Hub, including the Search tool for funding opportunities and the Online library.
- Networking Hub and information on upcoming events.
Do you want to become part of the ARISA Alliance? ARISA has opened up to give you an opportunity to engage and contribute to its work as an Associated Partner. Sounds interesting? Read more about the Associated Partnership opportunity and apply.
Other interesting news
5 reasons why you should upskill or reskill in AI
27 April 2023
With AI technologies revolutionising businesses and shaping the future of work, there has never been a better time to up- and reskill in this field. The article gives 5 concrete reasons to do it.
EU project ARISA to fast-track the AI upskilling and reskilling in Europe
19 January 2023
Press Release • Twenty leading organisations drive the ARISA project to accelerate AI upskilling and reskilling.
The ARISA Alliance opens for new Associated Partners
19 December 2023
The European Artificial Intelligence Skills Alliance (ARISA Alliance) is officially open to new Associated Partners! From now on, all European organisations sharing our mission can contribute to the collective effort of ensuring the availability of quality AI skills that meet industry demand.